1. Create Our World wants to give the opportunity for people who love to write to enter a short story contest and create a story with a message in order to try for first, second, third place or honorable mention or “most humorous” award.
2. Eligibility and Restrictions. In order to be eligible, participants can be of any age, and must be a legal resident of the United States, or its possessions. At this time, international entrants will also be accepted. An entry must be in English, but can not contain any inappropriate content that a young child couldn’t or shouldn’t read or the entry will be forfeited. (Winners will be posted on the Internet on a web page that anyone can access.) Create Our World’s employees and their immediate family members are not eligible to participate in this contest.
3. Selection. Create Our World will select, in its sole discretion and based on any criteria it deems appropriate, one first place, one second place, one third place and 6 honorable mentions, including one Most Humorous winner from all of the entries received. The decision of Create Our World shall be final and binding.
4. Winner’s Obligations. In order to receive the first place or any of the other awarded positions, entrants must fill in all fields of the entry form, including email address, in order for the entry to be recorded. The email address will only be used by Create Our World to inform the winners of their status and to inform all entrants of new contests launched (as further contests will be running each week.)
5. Prizes. The winners of the first, second and third place status will receive the following prize: Create Our World will send via email, a gift of access to a service which allows the person to get many features by phone that are usually only available by internet. This access has no fees tied to it at all. The estimated value of this gift is between $20 and $50. Receipt of the free gift requires no shipping fees or any other fee. It is completely free.
6. Create Our World cannot and will not substitute the prize with any similar prize of equal or greater value or with the equivalent cash value. The winner can use this access, as he deems right and fair, even transferring it to another as he so wishes.
7. Use of Entries. All entries stay under the copyright of the author and Create Our World will not use them in any other way or publish them elsewhere under any other name. Create Our World, however, is not responsible for any theft of copyright from the web by any unscrupulous party. By entering this contest, entrants agree that Create Our World may contact each entrant directly with marketing or other information. Entrants further agree that their submitted statements are expressions of their personal belief and opinion.
8. No Purchase Necessary. No purchase or payment of any money is necessary to enter. A purchase will not improve the chances of winning. To enter the contest, you must meet the eligibility requirements and complete an entry.
9. Contest Period. Each contest begins on the Monday morning of each week at 1 am Pacific Time and ends on Saturday night at midnight Pacific Time of each week.
10. Notification. Create Our World will notify the winners by the e-mail address provided on the entry form no later than two (2) days following the selection of the winner on Sunday of each week, unless contest extended. Create Our World is not responsible for any delay or failure to receive notification due to inactive email accounts, technical difficulties associated therewith, or winner’s failure to adequately monitor any email account. The winners will be posted on the Winners Page on Monday of each week, unless entry time extended.
11. Conditions of Participation. By submitting an entry for this contest, you agree to abide by these rules and any decision Create Our World makes regarding this contest. Create Our World reserves the right to disqualify and prosecute to the fullest extent permitted by law any participant or winner who, in Create Our World’s reasonable suspicion, tampers with the site, the entry process, violates these rules, or acts in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner.
12. Disclaimer and Limit of Liability. CREATE OUR WORLD MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING ANY PRIZE OR YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. CREATE OUR WORLD SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, COST, OR INJURY THAT ARISES FROM OR RELATES TO PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, OR WINNING OR USE OF A PRIZE. CREATE OUR WORLD RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TO SUSPEND OR CANCEL THE CONTEST OR ALTER THE RULES, IF AT ANY TIME A COMPUTER VIRUS, TECHNICAL PROBLEM, OR OTHER UNFORESEEABLE EVENT ALTERS OR CORRUPTS THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST AS PLANNED. IN NO EVENT SHALL CREATE OUR WORLD’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE CASH VALUE OF THE GIFT(S) TO BE AWARDED IN THIS PROMOTION.
14. Governing Law. This contest and the rights and obligations of CREATE OUR WORLD and participants will be governed by and controlled by the laws of the State of California, applicable to contracts made and performed therein without reference to the applicable choice of law provisions. All actions, proceedings or litigation relating hereto will be instituted and prosecuted solely within the State of California, Placer County. The parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state courts of California and federal court located with such state and county with respect to any action, dispute or other matter pertaining to or arising out of this contest.
15. SPONSOR . The sponsor of this contest is Create Our World, PO Box 7419, Auburn, CA 95604. All questions regarding this contest should be directed to the above address or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.